Artificial trees are great decor element any room. They are not only will forever "bloom" but also decorate your home. You can also give them to your loved one, and since this gift is made with your own hands, its value will increase at times.
You can find out how to make the most interesting, beautiful and original artificial trees with your own hands here.
DIY everlasting tree (master class)
- knitting needle (for wrapping flowers)
- trunk for a tree
- any object in the form of a sphere
1. Prepare corrugated paper and make several strips out of it (the size of the colors depends on the width of the strips). In this example, the flowers are of different sizes, and the strips have a width of 1 to 2 cm.
* If you do not have white corrugated paper, you can use napkins and / or papyrus paper.
2. Start cutting green squares to make leaflets. Each square has a side equal to 4 cm.
3. We make flowers. It is advisable to add a little glue after the next crease of paper to strengthen the flower and especially its middle.
You can bend each strip 90 degrees, or you can experiment, because different bending angles are directly related to the shape of the flower, which means you can make flowers not only of different sizes, but also shapes.
But, if you like symmetry, then remember the method of making your first flower and just repeat it.
* It is worth noting that you will have to make a large number of roses.
4. We make the basis of the tree of happiness.
* Fix the ball on a stick - you can try to do this with adhesive tape or super glue.
* Using PVA glue or super glue, start gluing roses to the ball.
* When you have glued all the flowers, you can add a few leaves in any order.
5. We plant a tree.
In this example, the pot was replaced with an old coffee cup.
Just put gypsum in a cup and dilute with water until the mixture becomes thick.
Now plant the tree in the pot. It’s better to put a cup with a tree against the wall so that the tree rests on it, and thereby remains flat until the gypsum dries.
6. Frozen gypsum can be covered with green fiber or simply painted with acrylic paint.
* You can decorate the tree with a thin ribbon.
DIY flower tree
This tree is not difficult to make. It will decorate your home, being bright and vibrant.
- some fabric (for the petals and the core)
- bamboo stick (can be replaced with a skewer) about 20 cm high
- a pair of ribbons and a button
1. Prepare the fabric and cut circles out of it. An even circle will help you make a glass or a roof from a can.
2. Start to fill the circles with synthetic winterizer and stitch them together.
3. Prepare a bamboo stick and wrap it with a green ribbon.
4. Insert a floral sponge into the pot, and a bamboo stick in it.
5. Use glue to attach the moss, and then glue the flower to the trunk.
6. If you wish, you can decorate the pot with another ribbon and add a button.
DIY coffee tree
- ball (in this case, foam)
- stick (or skewer) for the barrel
1. Prepare a foam ball and wrap it with threads to stick coffee beans on - they are glued to the threads better than to an even ball. The ends of the threads can be fixed with glue.
2. Mark the place where you are going to plant the trunk of the coffee tree. You need to leave a small circle, about 1 cm in diameter, where you will not glue threads and grains.
3. Glue the first layer of coffee beans. This is best done with PVA glue (the superglue will begin to corrode the foam). It is advisable to apply glue to a small area and then glue the grains and so on until the entire surface of the ball (not counting the space left for the barrel) is filled. When applying grains to glue, press them a little.
* Best of all, after pasting with grains half of the ball, allow the structure to dry for about 30 minutes, and then continue.
4. When everything is dry, and you pasted the whole ball, you can safely proceed to the second layer. This time you can use superglue - glue grains with its convex side down. It will be best to glue grains in places where there are gaps from the first layer.
* It is not necessary to lubricate each grain with glue, you can simply squeeze out a little glue for a newspaper or oilcloth and then just dip the grains and glue them.
5. Leave the entire structure to dry.
6. Insert the tree trunk at the previously designated location. If there are gaps around the trunk - seal with grains.
7. Prepare pots in order to "plant" a tree. In this case, a brown glass pot is used.
8. To keep the tree in a pot, use gypsum. You can add some coffee grounds to the gypsum to make it brownish.
9. When you poured the gypsum and inserted a tree into it, lean the entire structure against the wall so that when the gypsum dries, the tree is level. Leave in this position overnight.
10. When the gypsum dries, you can fill it with hazelnuts on top.
11. Decorate the trunk as desired (in this case, the ribbon is the decoration).
How to make do-it-yourself baobab coffee tree
- yarn for knitting
- a pot (or other utensils for wood)
1. Prepare a foam ball. If you don’t have a sphere made of polystyrene foam, you can make it yourself by wrapping small pieces of polystyrene foam with soft threads. In this case, 6 foam balls were obtained.
2. Start gluing the first layer of coffee beans on the balls. As in the previous example, you need to leave a little space for the tree trunk.
3. We make the barrel of the baobab. In this case, not just a wire was used, but an electric three-wire aluminum wire. The lower part of the tree can be made of three veins, and the higher you go up, the more cuts you can make, thereby forming many branches and knots.
4. Bend the wire as you want, make twigs, and additional branches from individual pieces of wire can be attached to the main trunk using masking tape. You can cut the wire with pliers, and you can remove the braid as much as you want to put foam balls on.
5. To give the trunk of the tree and its branches evenness, use masking tape - just wrap the tree in small pieces of it.
6. After you have made the trunk, you need to wrap it with linen cord. To better fix the cord, you can use glue.
7. It's time to put coffee balls on the frame.
8. Pour gypsum into a pot and insert a tree into it.
9. When the gypsum dries, you can decorate the tree as you like.
10. Start sticking a second layer of coffee beans.
How to make a volume tree from paper?
Download the template from the link or draw any tree with branches in the root and crown areas. It is important that both sides of the tree are completely symmetrical. Therefore, if you decide to draw your own version of the tree, bend the paper in half, draw one part of the tree, cut it out and you get exactly the same sides.
Cut 4 blanks according to the pattern from brown cardboard.
Bend each half exactly in the middle.
And then start assembling the plant into a single whole. To do this, first glue in the area of the bent halves 2 blanks, and then two more. You need to glue everything, both branches and roots, but so far only use it on a bent one half.
You already get almost a tree, even two. But the work is not finished on this, because we need a lush and voluminous tree made of paper.
Therefore, glue together both parts in the area of the remaining sides.
It will turn out such a rather dense and very stable tree. It is a bit gloomy, but, in principle, like all trees without leaves. But it is fixable.
Draw a small leaf of the desired shape. It can be oblong, rounded, absolutely any. Perhaps you prefer to make an autumn tree, and for this, replace green paper with yellow, orange. Fold the paper from which you will cut the leaves into an accordion, and then also this accordion in half, and cut many leaves at once.
Glue them to the tree, on each twig, wherever there are large voids, so that a magnificent and spreading crown is obtained. Volumetric paper tree is ready.
- a branch of any tree
- acrylic paints and brushes
1. To get banknotes for a tree, you do not need to use real ones. Instead, scan and print banknotes, or simply search the Internet for the bills you need and print and cut them out.
2. Prepare a branch from a tree and begin to paste ready-made banknotes on it. Better to start all over.
3. Now you need to make a stand of plaster.
- Prepare a small cup and put in it a piece of a plastic bag that you need to cover with a coin so that it remains stationary.
- Pour the diluted gypsum solution into the prepared container, onto which you need to lay cellophane and then press down with another cup.
- Remove the top piece of cellophane. After that, you can insert coins and ready-made cash bushes into the gypsum.
- After 15 minutes, slowly pull the tree out of the mold.
- Leave to dry for a day.
4. We decorate the tree.
Acrylic paints can paint your wood. You can use aerosol instead of acrylic paints, but in this case you need to paint outdoors, since the paint has a pungent odor.
DIY pistachio trees
- spray paint (gold color)
1. Use a drill to make a small hole in each shell.
2. Cut a wire with a length of 15 - 20 cm and fix one shell on each segment. After that, you need to twist the wire and you get the workpiece.
3. Now, twisting the wires, connect a few leaves among themselves - you should get a branch.
4. Make several branches and twist them together, thereby obtaining a tree trunk.
5. Using FUM tape, wrap the trunk and branches. You can use a rope or thread instead of FUM tape.
6. Color the tree.
7. We are preparing the basis.
- Make a pot suitable for your tree.
- Fill the pot with gypsum and insert a tree into it.
- Wait for the gypsum to dry.
- Dye the pot with paint.
Do-it-yourself decorative trees. Wisteria Bonsai
- polymer white clay
- floristic wire (No. 28, 24, 16)
- stack with balls
- acrylic and oil paints
- moss, sand, stones and other elements of decoration
- sheets for pasta machines and a roller to roll clay
- If you do not want the clay to become transparent when it dries, when it dries, you can add a little white paint to it.
- To prevent unused clay from drying out ahead of time, wrap it in cling film.
- So that the clay does not stick to the tools, it is advisable to lubricate them with a special cream for working with clay. If you haven’t found one, then you can use a regular cream like Nivea or baby oil.
1. Cooking small buds.
1.1 Cut the wire No. 28 into several sections 7-8 cm long and make a loop at one end of each section.
1.2 Prepare a piece of white clay and roll a ball with a diameter of 3-5 mm from it.
1.3 Make a “drop” of clay ball, the length of which can vary from 7 to 10 mm - different lengths mean buds of different sizes, which means a more diverse and rich bouquet.
1.4 Lubricate the loop on the wire with glue and “put” a drop on it, then squeeze it well at its base. Bend the crown slightly to give the bud the desired shape.
1.5. The number of such blanks should reach 40-50 pieces.
2. Cooking half-opened buds
2.1 Using the same method, prepare wire No. 28.
2.2 Make lilac clay and make a ball with a diameter of 5-6 mm from it.
2.3 Make a drop of clay 1-1.5 cm long from the clay ball and put it on the wire as shown in the picture.
2.4. The number of such blanks should reach 50-60 pieces.
3. Prepare the opened flowers
3.1 Once again, prepare the wire and clay of a dark lilac color.
3.2 Roll a ball with a diameter of 5-6 mm from clay.
3.3 Make a drop 1-1.2 cm long from the ball.
3.4 Prepare the clay that you used for half-opened buds and roll a ball with a diameter of 6-7 mm from it. Make a drop 1.2-1.5 cm long and 1-1.2 cm wide. Now flatten this drop.
3.5 Select the appropriate mold and give the petal the desired texture.
3.6 To give a slight bend, you can roll up the stack. You need to make 2 similar petals.
3.4 Using glue, grease the base of the flower and glue the petals on both sides. Press firmly at the base.
3.5 Prepare white clay and roll a ball with a diameter of 8-9 mm from it. Make a drop 2-2.5 cm long. Flatten it into a petal about 2 cm wide.
3.6 If you want, you can give the petal a structure. Use mold for this.
3.7 Glue the tab at the base. You can bend it a little.
3.8 The number of such blanks should reach 40-50 pieces.
5. Cooking sepals
5.1 Prepare the clay of light green color and make a drop of it. Next, cut the thin end of the drop into 5 parts with scissors.
5.2 Lubricate the base of the flower with glue and put on the sepals. Do not forget how to squeeze it.
* You can decorate some petals with acrylic paint by adding yellow and / or lilac color.
6. Cooking leaves and branches
6.1 Prepare the clay in a light green color and cut the leaves with a stack. You can give them an invoice in Moldova.
6.2 Prepare wire No. 24 and grease its tip with glue. Next, attach to the base of the leaf and squeeze.
6.3 When everything is dry, collect leaves in twigs using a tape. One branch can contain from 7 to 15 leaves.
7. We collect flowers
7.1 You need to start collecting the blooming wisteria brush from small buds. Use the tape tape, cutting it in half in advance so that the thickness of the base of the brush is less.
7.2 Gradually increase the brush, adding buds in the following order: small, half-open and full.
7.3 Use tape to collect small brushes into large clusters. You can combine several brushes with leaf branches.
8. We collect and paint
8.1 Prepare wire No. 14 and twist the wood frame from it. Bend at the base to create support for the tree.
8.2 Place the frame in the gypsum mixture and wait for the mixture to dry.
8.3 If you want to make the trunk thicker, it is not necessary to use a lot of clay. In this example, a rolled insulation for windows was used. Begin to gradually form the crown of the tree.
8.3 When you have made a crown, you need to smear clay on the open part of the trunk. Since this will be the inner layer, it will not speak about the texture for now.
8.4 Using clay, coat the branches. You can apply a second layer to the tree trunk, and this time use the stack and brushes to work out the joints and bark.
8.5 When the clay is dry, you can start painting the trunk. First apply a dark paint, and for further layers use a lighter paint. Also start painting the inside of the stand.
8.6 All that remains is to decorate the stand with sand and moss and apply a little moss powder to the tree trunk.