Morning nausea and vomiting occur in 60% of pregnant women. This is the most common complaint of women in the early stages of pregnancy. However, the degree of manifestation of these conditions may be different, and as a result, treatment approaches may also differ.
Toxicosis is different
- Toxicosis of mild degree: vomiting 4-5 times a day, general condition does not worsen, slight loss of body weight (up to 3 kg). In this case, your treating doctor will prescribe you treatment on an outpatient basis, that is, at home, since this does not threaten either your life or the health of the child.
- Toxicosis of moderate degree: vomiting up to 10 times a day, nausea interferes with food intake and marked weight loss. In the urine, the presence of acetone. In this case, the doctor may advise a woman hospitalization or treatment in a day hospital.
- Severe toxicosis: vomiting more than 10 times a day, dehydration is noted, general condition pregnant sharply worsens. Reception of ordinary water provokes vomiting. This condition is an indication for emergency hospitalization in a round-the-clock hospital.
If toxicosis not heavy, and there is no threat to health, then in this case there are a number of tips that can help a woman more easily endure this difficult but short-term period in her life.
How to relieve toxicosis
- Wake up slowly! No need for stasis to jump out of bed as soon as the alarm rings.
- Nausea is most pronounced in the morning, so before you get out of bed in the morning, eat something. It is better if they are easily digestible carbohydrates (bun, cookies, a glass of juice).
- Same reduce nausea helps infusion of chamomile, drunk in bed before rising.
- Some women note a decrease in unpleasant symptoms when eating something sour - sweets, lemon, apples, oranges.
- Drink what you most want. It can be tea or plain water, meat broth. Fruits also quench thirst. There is no universal advice - everyone chooses what he likes best. It can be melon, watermelon, peaches or apples.
- Eating often and in small portions is necessary. Avoid prolonged intervals between meals. Always carry some easily digestible carbohydrate - candy, banana, apple, cookies.
- What is, and what is better to refuse, your body will tell you. However, fatty, spicy and fried foods are usually poorly tolerated by women with toxicosis. Refusal of these dishes does not cause problems.
- The temperature of the food should not be too hot or cold, as this increases nausea.
Listen to yourself and remember toxicosis does not last long. Even if it seems to you that there is no more unhappy woman in the world, in a few months you will recall this condition with a smile on your face.
Simple ways to get rid of nausea
Do not overdo it, let the body rest, avoid overheating in the sun, sweating, because such conditions often cause nausea. Protect yourself from unpleasant odors that can also cause vomiting. Do not smoke, as smoking increases the secretion of gastric juice, which can also cause unpleasant urges.
Review your diet, make it so that there is no mixing of liquid and dry food, alternate them. Refuse heavy fatty foods, consume water in moderation. It is also worth controlling the amount of food consumed. It is better to sit at the table more often, but eat in small portions.
Resorption of slices of lemon and ginger will save you from unpleasant sensations.
In the morning after waking up, do not immediately jump out of bed, but have a snack reclining. For example, in the evening you can put some crackers or cookies, dried fruits, a slice of cheese on the bedside table.
Folk remedies for nausea during pregnancy
Sometimes doctors are advised to turn to folk wisdom. But it is worth noting that the expediency and safety of each method must first be discussed with a doctor so as not to harm your body and unborn baby.
Try such a tool. A pinch of crushed lemon balm leaves brew a glass of boiling water, leave for 30 minutes. After this, strain the infusion, add a slice of lemon to it, for sweetness you can put honey. Twice a day, drink this infusion in small sips, chew and swallow a lemon.
Remember that lemon balm also lowers blood pressure.
A pumpkin will also help. Take about 200 grams of vegetable, finely chop it, pour a liter of hot water, let it brew a little. Strain and drink like tea, if desired, you can put a little honey.
In equal amounts, mix the berries of chokeberry, rose hips, grass of cinnamon, bearberry, leaves of strawberries and birch. Brew a tablespoon of this mixture with 200 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 20-30 minutes. Strain, take 50 ml three times a day for a month.
Chewing dry tea leaves or buckwheat also saves from unpleasant sensations.
- how to get rid of nausea during pregnancy
It is quite difficult to completely avoid toxicosis, since it is a natural process during pregnancy. However, your condition can be alleviated by avoiding stress and overwork, as well as eating pastry, fried, greasy or spicy foods. Products containing a large amount of vitamin B6 (or its pharmaceutical analogue) are well suited for this purpose. B vitamins help to reduce nausea - although in the presence of vomiting, their effect will be significantly weaker. During pregnancy, the intake of mineral supplements and vitamins must be agreed with a doctor.
Experienced mothers call ginger the best remedy for nausea during pregnancy - however, it should be consumed wisely and with caution. If a woman feels a fever, it can only increase toxicosis, but with chills accompanying nausea, as well as apathy and depression, ginger will effectively provide an ambulance. You can also drink tea from grated ginger root, filled with boiling water, or purchase capsules of ginger in pharmacies or specialty stores. As a tool that quickly soothes nausea, you can use peppermint, lemon balm tea, chamomile tea or rust elm candy.
Other safe methods
Quite popular ways to prevent or calm toxicosis are acupressure, acupuncture and shiatsu massage, which are carried out exclusively by specialists. Aromatherapy has proven itself well - namely, essential oils of lemon, lime, ginger, tea tree, lemon balm and eucalyptus. They are best used in a special aroma lamp, diluted in a small amount of water so that the aroma is not too concentrated. Some pregnant women feel even more nauseous from essential oils, so you need to use them very carefully and with the permission of a doctor.
Reflexology or hypnotherapy can also help in the early stages of pregnancy - they are especially effective if nausea intensifies with stress, fear, anxiety, or a nervous breakdown. No less effective and safe for early toxicosis is homeopathy - with a correctly selected homeopathic medicine that was selected with the help of a qualified doctor, you can eliminate nausea and vomiting, as well as prevent their reappearance. In this case, it is important to monitor your condition, sensitively noting the slightest reaction to the use of a particular anti-nausea method.