Once, when I was cooking the usual chicken noodles, I decided to diversify it a bit by adding various spices to the broth. The result is a very fragrant and delicious Asian-style soup. I improvised on the go, not recording anything anywhere, and then I couldn’t remember how it happened to me. No matter how much I tried to repeat this experiment, something went wrong. It was the thought to bring your ideas somewhere that was one of the reasons this blog came about. Now there is a place where I can store successful recipes, finds and other culinary experiments. And why do this only for yourself, when you can share with others?
Recently, I tried again to recreate the “same” broth, but now - having filled my hand in combinations of various spices and flavors, I managed to create a dish of even the best previous - and it’s good that now there is where to write it. I hope all lovers of Asian cuisine will like it. I do not use the most common ingredients, but almost everything is easily located in the Asian departments of supermarkets, even in our difficult times.
We cook one and a half liters chicken broth as described in this recipe, we just use not one, but two chicken thighs for it, so that then there is enough meat for everyone. When the broth is ready, strain it, and for now put the meat aside.
Prepare a vegetable dressing for soup. Take celery and cut it in half circles carrots peel and cut into thin slices, white cabbage - it is better to take a young one, with delicate leaves - finely chop. Heat in a pan vegetable oil and over high heat we fry the vegetables using the steer-fry technology. First, carrots - 1-2 minutes until soft, then add cabbage and celery - and fry about the same. Do not forget to constantly stir the vegetables so that they do not burn out: remember that the steer-fry requires constant attention. When the vegetables are ready, also set them aside.
Take ginger root, clean it from the skin and cut into thin rings. Chicken bouillon heat again (bring to a boil), put there ginger, leaves kaffir lime and lemongrass. The last two ingredients are infrequent guests in Russian cuisine, but when I see it, I try to immediately take the packaging: they can be stored in the freezer for quite a long time, and they are consumed very economically during cooking. And if you are a fan of Asian cuisine, take it boldly and don’t be afraid that you won’t be able to figure out where to put them later. Even our blog has oriental noodles and traditional Thai green curry.
But we were distracted. Add to the broth soy sauce, its amount depends on the “salinity” of your broth and the sauce itself. Pour as much as necessary - to taste, so as not to oversalt. If you want to give the broth a wonderful aroma, you can add sesame or any other aromatic oil (for example, peanut). We mix everything well (so far without vegetables) and cook for 5-7 minutes so that the broth is saturated with tastes. At this time, we cut chicken thighs, cut the meat into large pieces and set it aside. We try the broth to taste, if with it - the order and no more spices are needed, take out the ladle ginger, lemongrass and lime.
Add to the soup vegetables stir-fry and boil everything together for a couple of minutes. At the end you can put a small handful cilantro (leave a little for serving). Turn off the gas and let the soup stand under the lid.
At this time we put another saucepan on the fire, where we boil until cooked buckwheat soba in a large amount of salted water. We lay out noodles in bowls, pour broth and put slices on top hen. Sprinkle each serving greenёonions, cilantro and pepper Chile (optional). Immediately serve to the table and enjoy the bright taste and aroma of the excellent Asian-style broth!
Chicken soup is a dish that is on the menu of restaurants, perhaps, all over the world. Each nationality brings its flavor to this simple two-two-dish dish (in Georgia, for example, it is spicy herbs, in Japan - miso paste). Most first courses of traditional Chinese cuisine are also based on classic chicken stock. HELLO.RU learned from the brand chef of the Chinese News restaurant Sergey Yugai recipes for three Asian-style chicken soups.
Chicken soup with tomatoes and beaten egg
Chicken stock - 1 L
Tomatoes - 200 g
Ginger Root - 30 g
Garlic - 10 g
Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
Salt - 1 g
White pepper - 1 g
Vegetable oil - 30 g
Green onion - 50 g
Chicken - 1 pc.
Chives - 20 g
Ginger Root - 30 g
1. To prepare the broth, chop the chicken carcass arbitrarily, rinse and boil in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse chicken pieces under running water. Put the chicken in a pan, add water, add onion and ginger. Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
2. In a deep dish, heat the oil and fry the ginger and garlic until aroma appears. Add tomatoes to garlic with ginger and lightly fry. Pour in chicken stock, salt and pepper. Beat the egg separately and pour it into the prepared base. Add finely chopped green onions and let it boil for a minute.
Strawberry Kuxu with Chicken
Strawberry - 200 g
Sugar - 70 g
Water - 300 ml
Soy Sauce - 20 g
Rice Vinegar - 12 g
Wheat Noodles - 100 g
Cucumber - 1 pc.
Chicken fillet - 50 g
Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
1. Strawberry knead and sprinkle with sugar. Add cold water, soy sauce and rice vinegar. To salt. Cool.
2. Boil wheat noodles for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cut into strips fresh cucumber.
4. Boil the chicken and disassemble into fiber.
5. Fry the egg and cut into strips.
6. Add chopped cucumber, chicken, egg to the strawberry base. Garnish with sesame seeds and add garlic if desired.
Black Sesame Oil Chicken Soup
Chicken on the bone - 500 g
Black sesame oil - 100 g
Ginger Root - 150 g
Vodka - 100 g
Wheat noodles - 300 g
Water - 2.5 liters
Salt and pepper - to taste
1. Chop the chicken into small pieces, scald, rinse.
2. Finely chop the ginger root and fry in sesame oil in a saucepan until aroma appears. Add chicken and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add vodka to the chicken and ginger. Evaporate alcohol and add water. To salt. Cook over high heat for 20 minutes.
4. Separately, boil thin wheat noodles in salted water.
5. Serve the cooked noodles with the soup.