Hypertension (GB) is the most common reason for patients to contact a general practitioner. A persistent increase in blood pressure with subsequent damage to the heart, blood vessels, central nervous system, kidneys and eyes is the cause of the disability of millions of people. Treatment of GB involves lifelong diet, adequate physical activity and taking pharmacological agents. Patients often try to lower the pressure at home using unconventional methods. The methods used, their effectiveness and safety are described in the article.
When hypertension can be treated with folk remedies
In the recommendations of the American Association of Cardiology (ANA) in 2017, the classification and stages of prescribing therapy for arterial hypertension were revised.
Persistent pressure increase over 130 mmHg considered to be 1 degree of GB and requires the selection of non-drug treatment methods:
- rational nutrition (including vitamins, minerals, vegetable fats, reduced salt intake),
- alcohol restriction
- normalization of the work-rest mode,
- adequate physical activity,
- decrease in excess weight (orientation on a body mass index and waist coverage).
As an additional element, physiotherapy methods are used: acupuncture (acupuncture), massage, the use of a magnet and alternating current.
In addition, at a pressure level of 130/80 to 139/89 mm Hg. the use of folk remedies with moderate antispasmodic, sedative (sedative) and diuretic effects is allowed.
Basic conditions for the use of non-traditional methods:
- the absence of severe concomitant diseases (for example, decompensated diabetes mellitus, renal failure),
- moderate hypertension (systolic blood pressure below 150, diastolic - less than 100 mmHg) without damage to target organs (stage 1-2),
- implementation of the main non-drug recommendations,
- lack of contraindications to the use of folk remedies.
Patients with hypertension are registered at the family doctor or cardiologist, therefore, it is necessary to report all medications taken (including mother’s recipes).
What helps with hypertension at home and how to prepare medicine
The need to quickly lower the pressure at home without pills often occurs in patients without concomitant pathology. The use of alternative recipes is allowed with a pressure level of less than 150 mm.article, the absence of clinical symptoms of a hypertensive crisis:
- high heart rate (tachycardia) over 80 beats per minute,
- heart pain (angina pectoris),
- impaired consciousness
- severe headaches
- noise in ears,
- visual impairment: "vagueness of the picture",
- in pregnant women - convulsive syndrome.
An additional condition is the absence of contraindications and an allergic reaction to the methods used.
An effective tool - setting mustard plasters on the calf muscles - helps redistribute blood flow and lower indicators, if necessary, quickly reduce pressure without drugs.
Phytotherapy products are often used by traditional medicine doctors to improve the patient's well-being in the presence of contraindications to the use of synthetic drugs.
The most used components and their healing properties are described in the table:
|Mountain ash (chokeberry) Aronia|
The most used cooking methods are decoctions or water infusions.
Universal cooking scheme: 1 tablespoon of dry plants pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Insist 5-6 hours. Take 2-3 tablespoons 1 time per day one hour after a meal.
Herbal preparations in herbal medicine for hypertension
Combined herbs are considered more effective, which provide a moderate diuretic, sedative and antispasmodic effect. The most used compounds (in parentheses indicate the number of parts in the ratio):
- Lingonberry leaves (1), hawthorn flowers (1), hop inflorescences (2), rose hips (2), kidney tea grass (2) and currant berries (1). The collection has a pronounced diuretic effect. Recipe for water infusion: 3 tablespoons of the mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water. Take ½ cup 3 times a day.
- Valerian root (1) and ginger (1), oregano grass (2), viburnum berries (2) and meadowsweet grass (2). The infusion is prepared at the rate of 1 tbsp. a spoonful of raw materials in 0.5 water. Take ½ cup 3 times a day before meals.
- Chamomile grass (2), hawthorn fruit (3), rosemary herb (1), valerian root (1) and burdock (1), St. John's wort grass (2). The mixture is recommended for patients with insomnia, emotional lability and increased anxiety. Infusion is prepared from 1 tbsp. collection spoons for 1 glass of water. Consume 3 times a day.
- Ledum grass (3) and motherwort (2), horsetail grass (2) and oregano (2), birch leaves (1), chokeberry (1). Use in the form of a decoction: 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a glass of water, bring to a boil and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Take ¼ cup 4-6 times a day.
- Coltsfoot herb (2), dried mint (2), thyme herb (2), dill umbrellas (1), immortelle grass (1). For the treatment of hypertension, an infusion is used: 2 tablespoons of the obtained dry collection per 1 liter of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Drink 3 times a day, 100 ml, regardless of the meal.
To quickly reduce pressure in the absence of drugs, a combination of alcohol tinctures of motherwort and hawthorn is used: 15 drops of both solutions per spoon with honey 3 times a day. The recipe is not recommended for patients with liver disease.
Honey and his "relatives"
Honey is one of the most healthy sweets in the world, which is often used by patients of various profiles. In cardiological practice, the product is used due to the high content of vitamins (A, PP, C and group B), organic acids and enzymes. Improving blood microcirculation, vascular wall resistance, stimulation of diuresis and elimination of toxic substances is not a complete list of useful properties of the product.
Ways to use honey for the treatment of hypertension:
- To 1 cup of beetroot, carrot or cranberry juice, add 1 tablespoon of liquid honey (preferably linden, acacia). Take 200 ml of solution per day.
- In 1 cup of liquid nectar add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, mix. Received honey infusion to take 2 tbsp. tablespoons 1 time per day, after meals. Keep the product in the refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks.
- People with a high level of anxiety and insomnia are advised to take 1 cup of warm cow's (or goat's) milk with 1 tablespoon of honey dissolved before bedtime. The resulting solution has a relaxing and soothing property.
Honey intake is limited to diabetics due to its high glucose content.
In addition, other beekeeping products are often used in alternative medicine:
- Perga ("bee" bread), which is obtained by transforming the collected pollen. Accepted as part of the mixture: 1 teaspoon of honey and perga 1 time per day.
- Bee venom, which expands the lumen of blood vessels, is obtained from dried bees. Used as an alcohol tincture (10-15 drops twice a day). In addition, alternative medicine doctors recommend receiving 2-3 bee stings per month to stimulate the immune system.
- Royal jelly has a pronounced antispasmodic, antisclerotic and metabolic effect. Available in the form of Apilak tablets. Recommended application: 1 tab. 2 times a day for 20-28 months.
Vegetables, fruits and berries
Horticultural products grown in environmentally friendly conditions are used for the complex treatment of hypertension. The most used recipes are presented in the table.
|Means||Cooking method||Mode of use|
|Beetroot juice||A medium-sized root crop is passed through a juicer, then through a filter (gauze). Leave the resulting liquid for 48 hours. Dilute with clean water or natural juice.||1 tablespoon 5 times a day|
|Assorted Juices||Juice from beets, cranberries (150-200 ml each) and 1 lemon are mixed with 1 glass of liquid honey and 40% vodka (diluted alcohol). Insist 3 days. The mixture is stored in the refrigerator under the lid.||1 tablespoon daily 30-60 minutes before meals|
|Onion||1 tbsp. spoon three times a day.|
|Infusion of viburnum||Fresh berries (1 cup) are poured with 1 liter of boiling water. Leave on for 6 hours. The resulting solution is passed through a sieve (gauze filter) and 200 ml of honey are added.||½ cup three times a day before meals|
|Dill broth||1 tbsp. spoon “umbrellas” pour 200 ml of boiling water. Leave on for 10 minutes.||½ cup twice a day|
|Currant broth||Dry currant fruits are poured with a glass of boiled water, left to simmer on fire for 5-7 minutes. Insist 1 hour||½ tbsp 3 times a day.|
|"Cardiological mixture"||1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day (in addition to saturating the body with microelements and vitamins, satisfies the hunger, reduces appetite)|
Use methods of herbal medicine is recommended for 2-3 months, after which take a break for 1-2 weeks. In case of a critical situation with the need to quickly bring down the pressure indicators at home - folk remedies are powerless.
The above recipes are just an addition to traditional therapy, which involves lifestyle modification and systematic treatment with antihypertensive drugs.
10 tips for hypertension at home: the classic rules of "life" for a sick person
Persistent high blood pressure - a signal about the "malfunction" of the cardiovascular system. In order to reduce the risk of complications and to slow down the progression of the process, it is recommended to adhere to the list of simple rules for a healthy lifestyle (HLS):
- A balanced diet containing an adequate (for different age, gender and professional activities) amount of nutrients. Limit your intake of salt, strong tea, and coffee.
- Quitting alcohol and smoking forever. Ethanol and nicotine are some of the causes of vascular damage and increased pressure (when consumed and a hangover).
- Normalization of body weight. Overweight patients with obesity have a greater risk of developing myocardial infarction or stroke.
- Physical activity (dosed). The complex of exercises is chosen by the doctor, taking into account the severity of the condition, the presence of concomitant diseases. For example, with obesity of 2-3 degrees, running is contraindicated because of the risk of damage to the knee joints.
- Normalization of the day. Lack of rest, chronic lack of sleep are additional risk factors for arterial hypertension and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Systemic therapy: taking the recommended antihypertensive drugs in the indicated doses. In the absence (decrease) of the effect, the appearance of adverse reactions - consult your doctor for correction.
- Do not take additional funds (including traditional medicine) without consulting a specialist. Non-traditional methods are ineffective as monotherapy for hypertension, and are recommended as part of a comprehensive treatment.
- Self-monitoring of blood pressure. Hypertensive patients are advised to keep a special diary with the introduction of morning and evening indicators. In case of deterioration of health, bouts of pain, sharp jumps in values and taking medications outside the recommended regimen - indicate in the diary.
- Regular specialist advice (at least 2 times a year - in the absence of indications for a change in therapy).
- Spiritual well-being. The optimistic attitude with which a person starts the day determines new opportunities for development. Depressive thoughts, guilt, incurability contribute to the deterioration of the condition, increase the risk of complications.
Controlling high blood pressure at home is one of the basic rules of antihypertensive therapy. A responsible approach to treatment and adherence to medical recommendations help to stabilize the condition and improve the overall well-being of the patient.
Treatment of hypertension is one of the priority tasks of cardiologists around the world. Patients avoid synthetic drugs and prefer herbal medicine. Take folk remedies for high blood pressure - an additional component of therapy, which improves the effect of medications. The independent use of unconventional drugs (including those recommended by Professor Neumyvakin hydrogen peroxide) is often accompanied by the progression of the disease or the development of side effects from improper use.
The following sources of information were used to prepare the material.
Causes and symptoms of deviation of blood pressure from normal
Pressure jumps due to a sharp narrowing or expansion of blood vessels: at these moments, normal blood flow is disturbed, blood flows to the organs unevenly - which means that they are also intermittently supplied with oxygen and nutrients. Commonly known symptoms of arterial hypertension are as follows:
- regular headaches (usually in the back of the head),
- nausea, dizziness,
- palpitations, pulsation in the temples.
The first signs of increased pressure that you should pay attention to are causeless insomnia, flushing of the face, chronic fatigue, shortness of breath with little physical exertion, darkening in the eyes during a sharp change in head position. Hypertension can be of two types:
- primary - blood pressure increases against stressful situations, severe pregnancy, jumps in atmospheric pressure,
- secondary (hypertensive syndrome) - it is a complication of the underlying disease (neurological, vascular, endocrine, renal).
Hypotension as a chronic condition is less common. The cause may be a genetic predisposition, a complication after stress (in the form of a neurosis-like disease). Low blood pressure (like high) is secondary: against the background of osteochondrosis, hepatitis, arrhythmias, endocrine and pulmonary pathologies. Blood pressure decreases with a lack of vitamins B, C, E in the diet, as well as a sharp change in the climate zone or weather conditions. Often, the hypotensive effect occurs after uncontrolled administration of drugs for pressure.
Before deciding to normalize the pressure without drugs, it is first necessary to determine whether it is a consequence of a serious illness. If you ignore it, alternative medicine may be powerless in trying to improve well-being.
With increased pressure, medicinal plants and their mixtures help strengthen the walls of blood vessels and contribute to their expansion, as well as acting on the principle of diuretics or sedatives. Here is a list of the most effective formulations (ingredients are taken in equal proportions):
- common oregano, perforated St. John's wort, valerian root,
- calendula flowers, peppermint leaves, lime blossom,
- valerian roots, string, buckwheat, licorice,
- leaves of rue, lemon balm, oregano,
- flowers or fruits of hawthorn, black elderberry,
- peppermint, valerian, pharmacy chamomile.
The infusion is prepared according to the following technology. Two tablespoons of the collection are poured into a thermos, half a liter of boiling water is poured there, insisted for 6-8 hours, filtered, stored in the refrigerator for no longer than two days. The drug is drunk in a warm form, 1 glass on an empty stomach for a month, take a break for 1-2 weeks, and then continue taking.
Tip: If you need to lower your suddenly high blood pressure, you can brew medicinal tea in a cup, allowing it to brew until completely cooled.
Gently but effectively to increase vascular tone in case of hypotension, decoctions or alcohol tinctures of ginseng root, Manchurian aralia, Rhodiola rosea, high temptation, combined fees will help. The methods of preparation of tonic agents are as follows.
1. Tincture of ginseng. Three tablespoons of ground rhizomes are poured into 0.5 liters of 76% medical alcohol or high-quality cognac, the dishes are tightly corked, kept in a dark place for 2-3 weeks. Принимают препарат по 20-25 капель за 15 минут до приемов пищи на протяжении месяца.
2. Отвар родиолы розовой. A tablespoon of the powder prepared from the root is poured with boiling water and boiled for 5-7 minutes, allowed to cool. Drink such tea ½ cup before meals for 3 weeks.
From eye pressure, decoctions of nettles, sleep herbs, golden mustache, collection of dill, anise and coriander seeds help.
Health drinks and products
The hypotensive properties of honey, garlic, fiber, cinnamon, ginger have been experimentally proven. All of them are excellent vascular cleaners, help lower cholesterol, reduce blood and intracranial pressure. Choosing a way to normalize the pressure of folk remedies gradually and for a long time, it is worth writing the following recipes.
1. Honey, lemon, garlic
The composition of these products is used to cleanse blood vessels and remove excess cholesterol, inhibits jumps in blood and intracranial pressure. For cooking, 6 lemons and 4 heads of garlic are passed through a meat grinder. The crushed raw materials are placed in a 3-liter jar, 200 g of honey are added, and cold boiled water is poured to the top. The mixture is refrigerated for 3 days, and then take half a glass a day for a month. In addition to the hypotensive effect, the infusion produces a bactericidal and restorative effect. The course of treatment is recommended to be repeated twice a year.
IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW! Elevated cholesterol levels provoke the development of hypertension and atherosclerosis, and in general is very dangerous for the heart. But today, such a problem has already been resolved in Israel. In this country, scientists have found a way to dissolve cholesterol plaques with natural ingredients. The tool is used at home, washed down with water. More details.
Garlic can be taken separately, 3 cloves daily after meals.
2. Honey with onions and walnut partitions
Squeeze the juice from 3 kg of onions, mix with 0.5 liters of honey and crushed partitions of 30 ripe walnuts, pour 0.5 liters of vodka or cognac into the mixture, close tightly with a lid. The infusion matures within 10 days, after which it is consumed in 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day. Taking the drug for a month allows you to establish the functions of the cardiovascular system and stabilize blood pressure.
3. Whole grain flour
Grind wheat grains on a coffee grinder. Take flour before meals for 1 teaspoon with a glass of water.
If the herb is insisted on, there is not enough patience or time, or they cause an allergic reaction, you can gradually add ginger and cinnamon powder to regular tea, squeeze fresh fruits, vegetables and berries.
The following juices help reduce blood pressure:
- Orange (with pulp). Rub citrus with zest, add a little sugar to the resulting mass. Take 1 teaspoon three times a day.
- Beetroot. Freshly squeezed juice is allowed to stand in an open container for at least two hours. Drink for three weeks ½ cup three times a day.
- From chokeberry. The berries are ground, getting a healing juice puree. Take it half an hour before meals 50 g, adding 0.5 tbsp. tablespoons of honey. The course of admission is from 2 to 6 weeks.
- Pomegranate. Hand-squeezed juice or squeezed juice is drunk through a tube or in a diluted form so that tooth enamel does not suffer.
Grapefruit juice is taken under reduced pressure, and when it deviates from the norm in one direction or another, cucumber juice is shown that has a regulatory effect.
How to stabilize blood pressure in an emergency
To quickly normalize pressure without medication, there are simple physiotherapeutic procedures and exercises that you should familiarize yourself with. Non-traditional methods will help out in stressful situations or in cases where it is especially dangerous to take hypertensive drugs without a doctor’s prescription - for example, during pregnancy.
Impact on acupuncture points
As an emergency aid at high pressure, the recommendations of oriental medicine are useful.
- The first active point is located under the earlobe. Find a line running from it to the collarbone. Fingers from top to bottom easily drag your fingers along this contour. In total, 10 strokes on each side need to be performed.
- The second point lies on a line drawn from ear to nose, at a distance of 0.5 cm from the lobe. It must be pressed strongly, but without pain, for 1 minute.
Important: For hypertensive crisis, acupuncture is contraindicated.
The following techniques help to normalize pressure on their own:
- light stroking (without rubbing) of the collar area,
- massaging the neck - movements should be neat, with a little pressure,
- stroking the upper chest
- light massage of the occipital zone of the head with fingertips.
With eye pressure, the collar zone and eyes are stroked. Performing the procedure is easy. The gaze is lowered down, the eyelids are closed, slightly rested on them with the index fingers and perform light circular movements. They can be supplemented by tapping the fingertips on the eyes covered with eyelids.
It does not hurt to get acquainted with the technique of massage to reduce blood pressure, and in case you need to help relatives or a person who accidentally finds themselves nearby.
- The patient is laid on his stomach on any hard surface, lifting his feet with a rolled sheet.
- Heated his hands slightly (rubbing them against each other), slowly stroking his back.
- Strengthen the effect on the skin with tweezers.
- In the interscapular and intercostal area make circular movements.
- Rub the neck and shoulder area.
- Stroking the back with a circular motion.
When a person relaxes during a massage, it is possible to restore normal blood flow, and thereby stabilize the pressure.
So that the pressure drops, you can just wash yourself with cold water, and then hold your hands in it to the elbow, and also perform the following procedures:
- apply wet wipes to the solar plexus and at the location of the thyroid gland,
- put your feet in a basin of cold water,
- if possible, lie in a bathtub filled with water with a temperature of no more than 36 ° C,
- from eye pressure, apply compresses with aloe, woodlice, golden mustache juice on your eyelids,
- moisten napkins in apple cider vinegar and attach to the soles.
Important: Acetic lotions are able to lower blood pressure by 30-40 units, so it is necessary to periodically measure using a tonometer.
In this section, it is worth mentioning the use of mustard plasters - a fairly popular remedy for older people. The leaves are moistened with water, applied to the shoulders, calves, neck. With a slight warming of the skin, the vessels expand, the blood pressure level drops.
Quickly normalize low blood pressure help contrast shower, sauna, bath. Available wellness treatments are a kind of exercise for blood vessels, increase overall tone and mood
- Slowly inhale and exhale air, holding their breath: on inspiration - up to 4, and on exhalation - up to 8 seconds.
- After exhaling, the head is lowered down so that the chin rests on the chest. The position is maintained for 2-3 minutes, breathing slowly and measuredly.
- Taking a regular PET bottle, cut off the bottom of it. They breathe so that the air when exhaling goes through the neck of the bottle.
Nutrition and daily routine
For those who are interested in what else can normalize blood pressure at home, we answer: a good prevention of blood pressure fluctuations is a measured lifestyle, good rest, healthy eating. Useful vitamins and microelements: magnesium, potassium, folic and ascorbic acid, Omega-3 acids, help maintain vascular tone at the proper level and nourish the heart. The following are specific recommendations for hypotensive and hypertensive patients.
With hypertension, the basis of the diet should be vegetables (cabbage, beets, legumes, onions, celery), cereals, sour milk. Of fruits, it is recommended to give preference to citrus fruits, grapes, strawberries, bananas, apricots, dates. The menu includes sea fish, low-fat meats, red peppers, almonds, hazelnuts, pickled vegetables. In the summer season, watermelons with a diuretic effect are required.
They can increase pressure:
- carbohydrates and spices - constrict blood vessels,
- salt - binding water, it increases the volume of circulating blood,
- coffee and tea - tone vessels,
- fats - contribute to the release of cholesterol.
At low blood pressure, goat milk, fatty meats and fish, cream and cheeses, potatoes, rice, pasta, jam, pomegranates, sorrel and spinach (they contain a lot of mineral salts), high-calorie pastries, eggs (a source of cholesterol) are introduced into the menu. . To increase the pressure, they drink sweet coffee and tea, salt the food and add seasonings to it (in moderation so as not to harm the stomach). Perhaps moderate consumption of sweet red wines.
Do you like the article?
Still have questions? Ask them in the comments!
How to quickly relieve pressure without drugs
Quickly normalize blood pressure under the power of not only chemicals. For example, apple cider vinegar lowers it well if the bandages soaked in it are applied to the heels.
Excellent massage techniques combats hypertension. If you have a good massage therapist, then he is able to relieve pressure in a matter of minutes. To normalize it, you can use tinctures from medicinal herbs, which are full in the pharmacy. They smoothly stabilize the performance of the heart and blood vessels, improve blood circulation and dilate blood vessels.
Rest will help to adjust blood pressure.
It’s enough for many to sleep for an hour and there is no trace of the symptoms of the disease. Hypertensive patients need to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
To date, scientists have proven only three conservative methods of combating arterial hypertension at home:
- Weight loss. Nutritionists define overweight as an increase in body mass index (BMI) over 25 kg / m², and obesity - an increase in BMI above 30 kg / m². With an increase in BMI of more than 27 kg / m², blood pressure rises, and with obesity, persistent arterial hypertension develops. Nutritionists say that even losing 5 kg of blood pressure will significantly decrease in hypertensive patients or normalize within normal limits in ordinary people. For weight loss, calorie restriction and physical activity are necessary.
But dramatically losing weight is also harmful! People suffering from hypertension need to reduce weight by an average of 1 kg per week, reducing body weight by 10% from the original within six months. It is necessary to monitor daily calories, reducing the proportion of fats in food.
It is best to choose a diet so that the calorie content of food decreases by 700 -1000 kcal per day. During this period, it is necessary to actively engage in gymnastic exercises. Replace the elevator ride with the stairs. On weekends, you can cycle and swim in the pool.
Food must contain products that are beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
These are fish, fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, nuts, cereals, poultry.
Reduce salt intake. Numerous studies have indicated that salt (sodium) significantly increases a person’s blood pressure. It’s enough for many people not to abuse salt food, and it will stabilize within the normal range.Hypertensive patients need to reduce sodium intake to 3-5 g of salt per day. This applies to all foods.Most of all salt-sensitive people with diabetes, kidney disease, obesity, over 50 years old.
Excessive consumption of sodium chloride can cause hypertensive crisis, left ventricular hypertrophy, proteinuria. Quitting alcohol and smoking. Nicotine and alcohol destroy blood vessels and capillaries, causing bouts of jumps in blood pressure. Recent studies by doctors from the United States claim that blood pressure normalizes or decreases significantly in 88% of hypertensive patients who quit smoking.
Alcohol always raises blood pressure! Therefore, the rejection of alcoholic beverages can keep the pulse and blood pressure normal for a long time. For chronic alcoholics, it is necessary to reduce the daily amount of alcohol to 500 g of beer, 300 g of wine, 50 g of alcohol, up to a complete failure.
Is it possible to normalize the pressure of folk remedies? Long-term therapy with medicinal herbs (tinctures, decoctions, teas) favorably affects the work of the cardiovascular system.
Healing herbs have a diuretic and vasodilating effect! But it is important to understand that their effect is cumulative. It is necessary to undergo treatment for at least a month, followed by a repeat after a short break.
Herbal treatments for hypertension can be found in any pharmacy.
Most often there are: chamomile, mint, valerian, hawthorn, St. John's wort, motherwort, calendula, elderberry, dill.
All these non-drug methods will significantly correct blood pressure, prevent the development of arterial hypertension and reduce the risk of cardiovascular complications.
CONTRAINDICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR NEEDED
Author of the article Svetlana Ivanova, general practitioner