Beef in a Stroganov special manner (beef stroganoff) and a simplified version of patatas bravas (Spanish "potato for the bold") There are several versions of the origin of this dish. It is possible that some of them are true. This is generally not important. An indisputable fact is that this Russian dish with a French name has become famous throughout the world.
- Wash the potatoes very thoroughly,
- Boil potatoes in a peel until half cooked (it will take about 10 minutes),
- Cut potatoes into large enough plates. It’s not necessary to remove the peel,
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil. There should be a lot of oil. It is best to use extra virgin olive oil,
- Fry the potatoes over low heat until medium crust,
- Put cooked potatoes on a napkin to absorb excess oil.
Cooking potatoes on this is finished.
Ingredients for Brava Sauce:
- Tomatoes - 3 pcs.
- onion - 1 pc.
- garlic - 2 cloves
- cayenne pepper - 1 pod
- paprika - 1 tbsp. l
- tomato puree - 1 tbsp. from fresh tomatoes
- olive oil - 3-4 tbsp. l
- vinegar -1-2 tbsp. l
- saffron - a pinch
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- salt to taste
- Scald the tomatoes with boiling water and peel them from the skin,
- Using a blender to get tomato puree,
- Throw chopped onions and garlic into a hot skillet,
- Grind cayenne pepper in a mortar with paprika, olive oil, vinegar and add mahad in the pan.
- Add saffron and ground red pepper, add salt and sugar,
- Pour the tomato puree into the pan, reduce heat, and evaporate for 10-20 minutes,
- Remove from heat and cool.
And you're done! Bon Appetit! Most often, patatas bravas is served with beer or wine.
If you want to try patatas bravas with ali-oli, then the recipe for this sauce is also very simple:
Grind garlic with salt, adding a little olive oil. Add the yolks and beat well with a fork or mixer. Pour in the remaining oil and lemon juice. Stir until a thick sauce.
Have you tried patatas bravas in Barcelona? How do you like it?