How to make a round hat box?
On New Year's Eve in the shops you could meet the most unusual and wonderful masks and costumes. I personally could not resist the magnificent crown. Red velvet, gold, gems! The crown was irresistible!
While I was carrying her home, I imagined myself to Freddie Mercury in an ermine mantle and in a crown. The whole family was delighted with my acquisition. The crown was hoisted on the honorary shelf. But I soon realized that she ... was gathering dust. And the crown - this is not a regiment for you - you simply cannot fool it with a rag. So ... So you need a hat box! Good. It’s easy for me to provide such a pretty woman with a decent hat cardboard - there is cardboard - cut into A2 sheets.
How to choose a cardboard?
To choose cardboard for round boxes, you need to take into account the basic principle: the material must be well bent. Therefore, a dense double cardboard, in which household appliances are packed, is definitely not suitable. It is best to take thick paper or a packaging version of cardboard for cakes - it is not difficult to make a craft out of such material and you can be sure that it will not have ugly folds. Also fit:
- cardboard for children's creativity,
- photo paper for printer,
- poster board
- coated or uncoated whatman paper,
- designer cardboard.
Whatever option you choose, keep in mind that the density of the material should be between 180 and 250 g / m2.
- We draw on the whatman the rectangle of the desired height and width.
- On one of the long sides we set aside an allowance of 3 cm.
- The allowance length is divided by an integer, we draw perpendiculars.
- In each resulting rectangle, draw an isosceles triangle.
- We cut the workpiece, paint it with felt-tip pens, fold it around and glue the sides.
- On the paper, draw 2 circles equal to the circumference of the blank cylinder.
- Cut out the circles.
- Glue the triangles to one of the circles on the outside.
- The second round, planted on a double-sided tape, glue the bottom with seams. A box for pens and pencils is ready.
We craft a gift box with a lid: a master class with a scheme
If you want to make a round box with an unusual pattern, use schemes from the Internet for this. Print the drawing you like on a sheet of design cardboard, cut out the details and glue them. If you do not want to use a ready-made template, then you can do it differently.
- photo paper for printer,
- stationery scissors,
- ruler, pencil,
- PVA glue,
- double sided tape.
Making a round cardboard box
First you need to decide what the box is for. If just like that, for something, it’s one thing, but if for putting any particular thing into it, it’s another. First you need to decide on the size of the future box. If you need a certain size, then a certain size of the bottom will determine it.
First, thick cardboard is selected for the bottom of the box and lid. In general, cardboard density for boxes is recommended at least 180-250 g / m2. On the bottom and cover should take a more dense cardboard than on the side surface. Two circles are marked on the sheets of cardboard. This will be the bottom with the box cover. Workpieces are cut. To do this, use an ordinary school compass. The diameter of the lid is usually made larger than the diameter of the lid. All cut out parts of the box must be in perfect shape, otherwise the box will have a skewed appearance.
The next stage is the preparation of the side surface of the box. From the school course it is known that the circumference is equal to Pi * 2R. It is of this length that you need to cut a strip of cardboard. However, for this, it is necessary to draw another circle with the same center inside the circle prepared under the bottom of the box, but with a radius less than the radius of the workpiece for the bottom by about 1 cm.
A strip of cardboard designed for the side is bent into a roll. This is done carefully, kinks and cracking of cardboard are not allowed. The ends are either glued together or fastened with adhesive tape on the inside. After that, it remains to glue the side wall to the bottom. But for this it is necessary to make small incisions along the entire length of the strip of cardboard. Then they gently bend. This provides a large contact surface of the sidewall and bottom, and hence the reliability of their bonding.
A narrow strip of cardboard is made by the same principle, which subsequently, after giving it a round shape, adheres to the circle intended to become the cover of the box. It is necessary to carefully select an acceptable difference in the diameters of both strips (very small, depending on the thickness of the cardboard), otherwise the lid will loosely "sit" on the box and will fly off from it. In the manufacture of a small gift round box, it is convenient to use for the side surface both a neatly cut piece of a round tube and a cardboard towel roll.
To make the box made more attractive and festive, its surfaces are prepared for decoupage or glued with colored or patterned paper. There are no limits to the imagination of someone who wants to do everything himself, with his own hands.
Festive cake packaging
The box for the cake should be not only beautiful, but also durable. This nuance also needs to be guided by performance of a round "house" for a confectionery product.
- poster cardboard,
- stationery scissors,
- PVA glue or "Moment",
- fabric of 2 colors-companions.
Round box decoration
In addition to drawing and fabric, round boxes can be decorated with almost any decorative elements:
- sequins, rhinestones, beads (especially if the cardboard is covered with fabric),
- fabric flowers, bows, etc.
Also, the box can be made in the style of scrapbooking, giving it a look of noble antiquity, or supplemented with an element of quilling, origami, so that the decoration is voluminous. It is better to fix such parts with silicone glue.
You can make a round box of cardboard with your own hands of any size and type, so this method of packaging does not lose relevance. Moreover, for this you need only a little patience and time. But you can decorate the finished box to your taste. And if it is a gift wrapping, then it will be dear to the heart of the addressee no less than its contents.
Read other interesting headings.
- Measure the circumference of the head.
- Cut the wire. The length of the wire depends on the size of the circumference of the head.
- Circle a circle of wire on the cardboard.
- Move 2 cm away from the circle and outline the margins.
- Make marks on the circles to align them correctly later.
- Make a cardboard rectangle along the length of the small circle.
- Fold it in a circle and secure with a glue gun.
- Glue the small circle on top of the folded circle.
- Glue the large circle to the bottom of the folded circle.
- Wrap the hat in a cloth and secure with a glue gun.
- Decorate the hat to your taste, decorating it with ribbons, flowers and beads.
I recommend to watch a video master class!
A cardboard hat will be a nice gift. A huge plus of such a headgear is that you can dream up and make a hat of any color and decorate as you would like with your own hands.